12 October 2007

NCAAF Picks 12/10/07

Here are my picks for this week's SEC games. Odds from USA Today.

Alabama -6.5 against Ole Miss
The Prince of Lies leads his team against the Bulldogs this week. They'll win easily.

Tennessee -7.5 against Mississippi State
I don't like Tennessee. Fat Phil gets on my nerves, and Rocky Top has got to be one of the more annoying songs in all of college football. But the oddsmakers seem to underrate them on a consistent basis.

LSU -9 against Kentucky
The Tigers had trouble with UF last week - no great surprise there. This week, they get a (slightly) easier opponent, and show their quality.

South Carolina -6 against North Carolina
Does it seem like I'm picking a lot of favorites? Or, rather, all the favorites? I don't usually do this, but, in the SEC this week, the favorites (in the early games) seem like the sounder picks. Spurrier vs. the Tarheels... hmm...

Vanderbilt +7 against Georgia
And here's one that isn't the favorite... The tide starts to turn here. Vanderbilt is a solid team, I think; Georgia is solid, too, but not 7 points more solid. This will be a close game.

Auburn +3 against Arkansas
The Razorbacks have the better offense. Auburn has the better defense, special teams, and coaching. I'll go with the better defense, special teams, and coaching.

Out-of-Conference Special
Missouri +9 against Oklahoma
This is two weeks in a row that I've involved Oklahoma in my out-of-conference pick. Last week, they fell 3.5 short of the spread against Texas; this week, coming off of a big win and playing against an undefeated Missouri team with a Heisman-candidate quarterback, they very well could lose straight up.

Last week: 4-2
Season: 16-9

No comments: