11 November 2007

Saturday Roundup

It's been a while since I did one of these (okay - a couple of months), but I felt that the absolute coolness of yesterday's games, plus my having a couple of free hours while I wait for the library to open, demanded it. So - here we go: top stories, matched with songs I thought were either fitting or funny or both. Because I'm from the South, it is SEC-centric.

Legs
Gotta lead off with Tim Tebow here - five rushing touchdowns? That's absolutely ridiculous. Not to belittle the 320 yards passing, but - 5 rushing touchdowns? From a quarterback? Tebow has already set the school record for rushing touchdowns in a season, and today he tied the SEC record.

Another One Bites the Dust
Is any team going to stay undefeated this year? Ohio State lost to Illinois, 28-21, leaving only Hawai'i and Kansas with unblemished records. Hawaii's next big challenge will be against Boise State, while Kansas should be tested against Missouri; both games are in two weeks.

I'm a Little Bit Country
Navy: 572 yards rushing. North Texas: 478 yards passing. Final score: 74-62, the highest scoring game in 1A history.

No comments: