11 October 2008

NCAA Football Picks - 10.11.2008

So this is my last distraction before I go and take the GRE at noon. Let's make it a good one, eh?

And before you ask: no, I'm not Canadian.

Kentucky -1 against South Carolina
Last week, Kentucky really impressed me in their close loss against Alabama. South Carolina impressed me less in their win over Ole Miss.
Prediction: Kentucky 27, South Carolina 23

Vanderbilt -1 against Mississippi State
The Commodores beat Auburn last week. It wasn't a fluke - this is a quality team that might have a legitimate shot to challenge for the SEC East *splutter/cough* excuse me, I think I just shot coffee out of my nose. IT BURNS!!!! But, really, Vanderbilt's pretty solid.
Prediction: Vanderbilt 19, Mississippi State 15

Tennessee +13 against Georgia
I have a tough time believing that the Vols are really as bad as they've looked so far this season... and I have a tough time believing that they can't slow down the Bulldogs enough to keep this within two touchdowns.
Prediction: Georgia 31, Tennessee 20

Arkansas +19 against Auburn
War Eagle! Except they just fired their offensive coordinator and scrapped the offensive scheme they spent their whole offseason learning. Look for Auburn to run the ball and control the clock.
Prediction: Auburn 17, Arkansas 13

LSU +4 against Florida
When Tigers defensive lineman Ricky Jean-Francois said that the LSU defense would be looking to knock Tim Tebow out of the game, all of Gator Nation snarled just a little bit. Look for 91,000 screaming drunk guys to be the difference in the game - I'm predicting a false start penalty will derail the Tigers' would-be game-winning drive.
Prediction: Florida 34, LSU 32

Out-of-Conference Pick:
Oklahoma -6.5 against Texas

Ever since Cedric Benson burned me - twice in a row - in fantasy football drafts, I've had a tough time bringing myself to pick the Longhorns in any game. In a game like this one, where I genuinely believe they're outclassed, I'm not even going to try.
Prediction: Oklahoma 38, Texas 28

Wisconsin +4.5 against Penn State
Look for the Badgers to bludgeon the Nittany Lions into submission by running the ball up the middle over and over and over and over... by the end of the day, we'll all be asleep, and Wisconsin will pull out the close win.
Prediction: Wisconsin 20, Penn State 16

Last Week: 3-3 (cue the sound of one hand waving diffidently)
Season: 21-23 (cue the sound of one hand waving more diffidently)

No comments: