01 February 2009

My Super Bowl pick

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! I hope you've had a restful and successful weekend thus far - because things are about to start ramping up! Speaking from central Florida, I can say that things have been Cra-Z around here the last few days - and I'm on the other side of the peninsula from where the game's actually going to be!

Now, we all know that the Super Bowl isn't actually about the game - it's about the commercials and the TV coverage. But does ESPN really need to be running pregame coverage all week long? I mean, seriously - I woke up at 6 AM on Wednesday morning, and Tony Kornheiser was extolling the virtues of Troy Polamalu's uncut hair.

Anyways - here's my pick:
Pittsburgh 27, Arizona 21

Here's why:
When it comes right down to it, I don't trust Kurt Warner at this stage in his career. Now, I don't trust Ben Roethlisberger either - I might actually trust him less than Warner - but the Steelers have a better defense and a better running back. Warner will have some issues with the Pittsburgh defense that will ultimately prove to be the Cardinals' undoing.

No comments: