22 February 2010

Technology woes (part deux)

So I realized that I completely forgot to fill in details around the second half of my post title yesterday... sorry about that.

My internet right now, for lack of a better (or more profane) word, sucks. Like... forget about YouTube, because the video will take a half-hour to buffer, don't even think about loading MegaVideo, emails with attachments are as useless as a phantom limb. No offense to my amputee readers. Point is, I'm getting frustrated with ClearWire. I'll give them a call in the next day or two if things don't improve.

For right now, though, I'm in the library! Putting the last touches on this descriptive bibliography (hurrah creative collations) and reading Frank Norris. Wheat prevails! No, seriously... there's wheat everywhere in this book (The Octopus). I have the sudden urge to eat massive amounts of bread. And possibly to kill industrialists.

David Bazan - Making It, Faking It, Breaking It


I find this song really interesting.

Anyways - we're into what I believe is the fourth straight day of sunshine. It's 39 degrees out, but people are wearing t-shirts (or less) and sunning themselves in the Quad. What the heck kind of place have I gotten myself into? On another note, I'm not quite sure how to respond to sunshine anymore... do I hide myself from it? Should I flee? Will I turn to ash and blow away in the wind? I'm impossibly fast, and strong. My skin is pale white and ice cold. My eyes change color. And sometimes I speak like... like I'm from a different time. I never eat or drink anything. I don't go out in the sunlight. How old am I? Seventeen? How long have I been seventeen? A while. I know what I am. Say it. Out loud. Vampire.

Gag me.

Eat the rich!

Have a great day, y'all.

No comments: