16 April 2010

Come down and join the circus...

[a warning before you begin: today's post
is disjointed and random.
fun fun fun!]

[and the most wonderful thing about Tiggers...]

Vermillion Lies - Circus Apocalypse


Isn't that just the sweetest little slice of dystopian, lurching, off-kilter cabaret you've ever heard in your life?

Anyways.

Vermillion Lies - Wednesday's Child


As it happens, I was born on a Tuesday. And, yes, I kept the video up, even though it's just a picture, just so that I could give myself an excuse to post this:



Yup. I actually begin to think that the picture might well have been the only reason I posted the song. Eh. Whatever. Completely worth it (and, yes, Zoe and Kim, I love you both equally).

On to the next one! On to the next one!

(sorry... my transitions are a little off today. I'm not sure why.)

Going on a bike ride in the morning - heading over to the Red Hook brewery and back. Plan is for a group of us good folk to head out, do the 30+ miles nice and sprightly, just generally get moving again. Er. Pedaling again. There's been plenty of movement.

Awww

I actually liked Xenocide a lot. If I had to rank the series:

1. Speaker for the Dead
1a. Xenocide
3. Ender's Game
4. Children of the Mind

To me, the events on Path are some of the best-written work that Card has done. Please don't stone me... though if you do so, I'd like to have Zombie Paul Newman hold the coats.

All y'all have a great evening! I'ma go make some dinner.

No comments: