19 August 2010

I Am Legend: It Didn't Suck!

Remember y'all's reactions upon watching I Am Legend, the Will Smith movie from a few years back?

If you're anything like me, you had a few.

First: Aww, so sad that the dog died.

Second
: That movie would have been awesome, but the ending ruined it.

Remember these reactions? The second one is what I'm aiming at, here. Will Smith blows himself up with a grenade to protect the girl and the kid, who have a syringe full of zombie cure to get to the military? Yeah. Completely bizarre action-movie ending to an otherwise really good film.

...so now I'm reading around, taking a break from this, my last full day of editing my MA essay, and I come across whispers of an alternate ending that wasn't horrible.

...and then I find out that it was actually the ending that the filmmakers wanted to use, but the studio made them reshoot.

...and then I find it's still floating around out there. Here it is.



Isn't that something like 450% better? I'd say 500%, but I feel like that might be a mite bit overkill. The movie is suddenly really good again, hoo boy!

Anyways, I'm going to get back to work. It's going to be a longish night before I'm satisfied with this essay.

All y'all - peace!

No comments: