20 September 2010

Heeeeeeere's Johnny!




...yeah. Sorry about that.

More happily, though, I'm Back In Seattle!

Yes, the trip to FL was wonderful, and it was good to see all y'all down there again. But I'm at home here in a way that, now I'm experiencing it again, I really haven't been anywhere before now. I feel good here. Today's weather: 60 and drizzly (that's about 15 degrees and drizzly for all you European readers... and I know you're out there).

Anyways. I'm currently sitting in my new room, which is a few blocks away from my old room - but in a much, much quieter and more restful environment. No offense to my previous dwellingplace, but I needed to get out of there. So I did.

Off to work now! Course description to write up before dinner. I'm completely throwing some deep, deep philosophy in there. Say it with me: what is best in life?



More seriously, though, I'm conceiving of the course as a sort of meditation on power and argument. Little Foucault in there (how could I not), but also some slightly more obtuse stuff. Little Butler, little of a few different things. A veritable pu pu platter of cultural studies goodness. We'll see how my freshmen react.

All right then. Y'all have a great day!

No comments: