25 September 2011

Either/Or (The Colbert Report)

So... a poster derived from this clip has been making the rounds on Facebook today, and I figured it was worth throwing the clip on here for folks who might not be on the Zuckerberg train.



Key quote in this, and the one that's on the poster that's been going around, from the very ending of the clip (sorry for spoiling it for you, but it's not like it's a M. Night Shyamalan movie) -
"if this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition, and then admit that we just don't want to do it."

I completely agree. This is something I've brought up before (in my post on Mike Lofgren and Ayn Rand), and it's something I'll bring up again.

Y'all have a nice day.

No comments: