23 March 2012

Geraldo in a Hoodie



"I am urging the parents of black and Latino particularly to not let their children go out wearing hoodies. I think the hoodie is as much responsible for Trayvon Martin's death as George Zimmerman was. When you see a kid walking down the street, particularly a dark-skinned kid like my son Cruz, who I constantly yelled at when he was going out wearing a damn hoodie with those pants around his ankles, take that hood off, people look at you and they, what do they think? What's the instant identification? What's the instant association? It's those crime scene surveillance tapes. Every time you see someone sticking up a 7-11, the kid's wearing a hoodie. Every time you see a mugging on a surveillance camera, or they get the old lady in the alcove, it's a kid wearing a hoodie. You have to recognize that this whole stylizing yourself as a "gangsta," you're going to be a gangsta wannabe, people are going to perceive you as a menace!"


Hoodies are the problem?


Really?


Certainly, Geraldo. You're a gangsta wannabe. Should I shoot you? If your kid goes out dressed like you, should I shoot him? Your logic sucks, dude.

No comments: