30 August 2012

25. how to confess

recall your sins
with full knowledge and full consent
against the Church's commandments
  when was my last good Confession?
  did i seriously doubt my faith
    or put myself in danger of losing my faith through readings?
  did i read immoral books or magazines?

O my God
  i am heartily sorry for having offended you
  i detest all my sins
  i dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell

Bless me, father, for i have sinned
  you may respond
    you know that I love you
  you may continue
    my last good confession was...
      how many weeks
      months or years

Say the sins that you remember
  feel uneasy or ashamed
  ask the priest to assist you
    he will help you make a good confession
  mention in general any past sin for which you are sorry
    against charity, purity, etc

The priest will assign you some penance
Be willing to do the penance as soon as possible

No comments: